One of the songs is called Snooze and it's good for slowing down before bed, so I play it for Beckett and will sing part of it for him before he goes to sleep. Beckett picks up on song lyrics pretty quickly, but I was surprised when he sang the whole song to me! I wish I had a video of him singing it because it's so cute (and brings tears to my eyes), but for now here is the first verse to our favorite bedtime song, Snooze. *we skip a few lines, so below is how we sing it. You can see complete lyrics at the Go Fish website and you can hear the entire song here.*
I had fun today doin’ what we did
I’m so glad that you’re my kid
But . . .The day is over now
Another memory
I had good time being with you
I hope you had a good time being with me
Tomorrow is another day
We haven’t got a minute to lose
So lay your head down so you can rest up
It’s time to take a snooze
2 comments:
You have NO idea how much I appreciate this post!! I do DVDs for the kids each birthday, and I put about 200 photos from the year to songs... I try really hard to find songs each year that are meaningful to that year -- you know, like Carter's video just had "You've Got a Friend in Me" from Toy Story! Anyway, I was sad because I had to include a few songs this video that didn't really "fit." But, I couldn't find any other songs. I went to this website, and I not only heard this song (which is super-cute) but also a song called "Little Buckaroo".... I almost got tears in my eyes! We call Carter "Buckaroo"! I am totally going back and re-making his 3rd video with this song!! Thank you SOOO much for passing along! If you EVER run into more cute songs like these, please let me know! I try not to repeat songs on Rylee's and Carters, which means that I need to come up with about 12 songs (6 for each of them) each year! THANKS TALI!
This is so sweet and precious~would love to hear Beckett sing it!!!
I miss my grandboys!!!
xoxoxo
Nana
Post a Comment