Because Beckett is not at daycare anymore I try really hard to incorporate some learning in our day. Downstairs we have a calendar, a weather chart, numbers, the ABCs, etc.... think retired teacher materials! Remember our letter of the week idea from last summer? We have started that up again. And instead of jumping willy nilly from letter to letter we officially started with "A" in January. We are currently on "D." Some days Beckett is excited to have "school" and other days he could care less. So basically I plaster letters all over the house in the hopes that he will notice and remember them.
When we converted our unfinished basement into a giant playroom we purchased panelboard to cover the 2x4s. It also doubles as a giant whiteboard which is perfect for practicing our letters, numbers, and drawing whatever we want. Below is Beckett's first try at drawing the letter A. I had only shown him how to draw it once!!
That same panelboard makes awesome personal whiteboards when cut. We were our third day into our week of "B" and I told Beckett I would show him how to draw one. He told me he could already do it. So I guess that strategy of flooding Beckett with letters is working. Or he's just a genius.

1 comment:
What a little genius. He looks so proud! :)
Post a Comment